1. About 30% of all burglaries are through an open or unlocked window or door
2. The highest percentage if burglaries occur during the summer months.
3. Homes without security systems are up to 300% more likely to be broken into
4. Renters are just as likely to be the victims of property crime as homeowners
5. Nearly 66% of all burglars are residential (home) break-ins.
6. There are 2 million home burglaries are reported each year just only in the US.
7. In the United States, a home burglary occurs every 13 seconds.
8. Only 17% of the homes in United States have a security systems
9. 2,500 plus cars stolen each day, it’s almost 2 cars a minute
10. Police usually only clear 13% of all reported burglaries due to lack of witnesses or physical evidence.
11 . February is the least frequent month for home break-ins
12. 38% of all assaults occur during home invation
13. 60% of all reported rapes occurs during a home invation
14. Statistics show that 80% of all break-ins are through a door. Doors with low visibility from the street and neighbors are particularly vulnerable.
15. Homes on a corner lot are more likely to be burglarized
16. If your home has had a burglary, the odds of being burglarized again dramatically increase.