SECOM AUSTRALIA PTY LTD COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Secom is committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual or allows their identity to be readily worked out from the information. It includes information such as a person’s name, address, financial information, marital status or billing details. Some personal information, including information about ethnicity, religion and health is considered to be sensitive, and can only be collected with your consent.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SECOM COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data such as your first and last name, and any other identifying information you may provide to us such as your age or birth date, gender or occupation or job title. If you submit personal information to us in response to an employment opportunity, we may also collect information about your academic and employment history.
- Contact Data includes where you have provided this to us, your business or residential address, email address and telephone
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and
- We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
You can always decline to give Secom any personal information we request, but that may mean we cannot provide you with some or all of the services you have requested. If you have any concerns about personal information we have requested, please let us know.
HOW DOES SECOM COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Secom collects data though your interaction with our services, via SMS, email, and our website.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct You may give us your Identity contact details by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email, through the contact us tab on our website, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, [server logs] and other similar technologies.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the European Union;
- search information
HOW DOES SECOM HOLD INFORMATION?
Secom stores your personal information on our servers located in Sydney Australia. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Secom maintains physical security over paper and electronic data stores, such as through locks and security systems at our premises. We also maintain computer and network security, eg, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH SECOM COLLECTS, HOLDS, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold and use personal information in order to provide our services to you, to respond to your enquiries, and to monitor or improve the use of and satisfaction with our services.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal grounds, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Contact||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business re-organisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
THE PARTIES TO WHOM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
We may disclose your personal information:
- To related and affiliated companies of Secom, located in Australia and overseas for the purpose of responding to your enquiries, or for providing services to you;
- If we have collected your personal data in the course of providing services to ay of our clients, we may disclose it to that client, and where permitted by law to others, for the purpose of providing those services to our client;
- To police or emergency services, in order to prevent a serious threat to your life, health or safety, or to public health or safety;
- To third parties we engage in order to provide our services (e.g. SMS gateway providers),
Third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information may contact you directly to let you know they have collected your personal information and to give you information about their privacy policies.
Secom will also use and disclose personal information for a range of administrative, management and operational purposes including:
- planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating our services;
- training staff, contractors and other workers;
- risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (e.g. liaising with insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to enquiries and complaints regarding our services;
- obtaining advice from consultants and other professional advisers;
- responding to subpoenas and other legal orders and obligations;
- or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
HOW DOES SECOM INTERACT WITH YOU VIA THE INTERNET?
You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. However, in doing so, you may be unable to access certain pages or content on our website.
Secom’s websites may contain links to third-party websites. Secom is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to our website.
DOES SECOM USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
No. You will not receive marketing from us.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR SEEK CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You are entitled to access your personal information held by Secom on request. To request access to your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
You will not be charged for making a request to access your personal information, but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your request.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information, we hold about you and letting us know if your personal details change.
However, if you consider any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.
We may decline your request to access or correct your personal information in certain circumstances in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of a request for correction, we will include a statement with your personal information about the requested correction.
DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data will be deleted or de-identified when it is no longer reasonably required for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may make a complaint about privacy to the Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below.
The Privacy Officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. We will generally respond to your complaint within a week.
If your complaint requires more detailed consideration or investigation, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a week and endeavour to complete our investigation into your complaint promptly. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. We will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents and speak with individuals involved.
In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that Secom may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the OAIC website.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT Secom?
The contact details for Secom are:
Secom Privacy Officer
43 Chandos Street
St Leonards NSW 2065
+61 2 9461 0000